How To: Save Money on Makeup
-part1-
Hello Loves!
Today I'm going to share with you some of my best tips for saving money on makeup! If you're a beauty addict like me, then you definitely appreciate any kind of advice in this area. There will be many other editions to this, and these tips can be applied to both drugstore and high end makeup items, so enjoy!
1. Stop the Drugstore Splurge
This may be the most helpful tip I have because it's so commonly overlooked. I am a drugstore diva, but there are a lot of high end products that I would love to own. Personally, it's a little difficult to walk into Sephora, spend $50 on one item and feel okay with that. But once I pretty much sucked the drugstore dry of all their gems, I stopped shopping there as much and held onto my money for one or two high end items that I really wanted. The problem that I had was that I would load my cart with makeup with the justification that each thing was only $5 or $6. But when you get up to the register you realize you've just blown $60 on makeup and a lot of the things are just mediocre. This cycle would repeat itself 1-2 times a week (maybe not $60 every time, but it's definitely happened before) and then I ended up not liking 60% of the things I bought. So STOP the drugstore splurging and save up for an item that you really want- or better yet- put it in your bank account!
Again, this may seem simple but it has saved me TONS of money in the long run! I have learned to always keep my receipt until I am sure that I like a product. We have all felt that buyers remorse before- it basically sucks. But the good news is that pretty much every store will accept returns with a receipt and you're able to get your money back. So if you buy something, bring it home and find out it's really not for you? Take it back!
3. Ulta Points
Most beauty stores like Sephora and Ulta have their own reward system. What's great about Ulta is that they carry everyday items like razors, dry shampoo, regular shampoo and conditioner, the list goes on and on. If you start buying all of your everyday hygiene supplies at Ulta instead of your grocery store, you can rack up the points and start to earn free stuff! You'll be amazed by how quickly your points start to grow and every point means more money towards your favorite thing- makeup!



No comments:
Post a Comment