Monday, May 12, 2014

Orange Lips

Spring Fling: Bright Orange

Hey Loves!

Bright orange is one of this Spring's hottest trends. Orange cheeks, orange eyes, and especially orange lips! I personally love love love this trend. It's gives you a chance to do something out of the box and step out of your comfort zone.  One of the things I love about this trend is that bright, bold lips can make you look completely pulled together even if you barely have any makeup on. We all know that some days it's harder than others to get ourselves out the door. Bright lips are always the focal point of the face which often detracts from other areas. So if you're running late or having a hard time getting into your makeup groove, bold lip colors can make everything else that you didn't do that day less noticeable. But- just like colored eyeshadow, bright, bold lips can be intimidating- especially orange. It can be hard to find a shade that you're comfortable wearing, but I think I've found the perfect one. If you've read any of my previous blog posts, you probably already know how obsessed I am with this!

 This is the Maybelline Colorsensational "Vivids" Lipstick in the color "Vibrant Mandarin." Ohhh my goodness. This is the perfect- I mean perfect orange lip for Spring and Summer- especially if wearing bright orange scares you! This color is neither red nor orange. It is a perfect combination of the two which I think is amazing. It makes it a little bit more wearable for everyday rather than just a neon orange lip, but it takes the worry out of having to find your perfect shade of red. Reds can be very tricky because you have to match your skins undertone to the undertone in the lipstick to find a shade that truly flatters you. 

Anyway, I love all Maybelline lipsticks. Their formula is super creamy and the Vivids collection is unbelievably pigmented. This color doesn't require a gloss or a liner- it is breathtaking on it's own and I am just...obsessed. 




 If you want to keep up with this year's trends but are afraid of a crazy melon-color, you should definitely give this a try. The undertones and shades in this color are flattering to so many different people. I mean look at me- I'm pale as a ghost and it's still complimentary, and we all know how beautiful bright colors look on darker skin. 

This color is smooth, creamy, and stays on my lips for a long time. It doesn't bleed outside of my lip line like other bright lipsticks, and as I said it's a one-stop-shop. No liner or gloss needed, just another thing that makes this trend simple and time-efficient. 

This next picture basically describes how I feel about this lip color- love! Rock this trend comfortably and confidently with this amazing color. Try it. Own it. Love it. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment