Saturday, May 3, 2014

What Makes You Feel Beautiful?

What Makes You Feel Beautiful?


Hello Loves!
I heard a question the other day that asked 'When you're having a terrible day, what is the one makeup item that you can put on to make you feel better and more beautiful?' It's simple: when I'm having an awful day, I don't feel pretty or glamorous or fun. No lipstick or nail polish or eyeshadow will put me in a better mood or even make me feel better about myself. So then I got to thinking- what does make me feel pretty when I'm so down? 

You're pretty much looking at everything that makes me feel like a million dollars on an awful day. My husband's white tee, sexy panties, my favorite body lotion (Philosophy Whipped Body Glaze), a candle, my favorite book and a secret weapon. 

Perfume. Yep, perfume will always make me feel better and more beautiful. It's something that calms me when I'm frustrated, soothes me when I'm upset and lifts me up when I'm down. There's something about smelling so delicious that even on your worst days, it makes you feel beautiful.

Currently, my favorite perfume is Rihanna's "Reb'l Fleur". Oh my goodness- this smells absolutely amazing. It's fruity and musky at the same time and I swear- every time I wear it someone stops me to ask me what it is. I am seriously obsessed. I put it on every day before I go out and before I go to sleep. I think there's something so luxurious going to sleep in just an oversized tee and some perfume. 

On a bad day, I don't think any makeup item could change my mood around, but perfume is always a winner in my book. There's really never a bad time for it and I can never deny how amazing it is no matter how poorly my day is going. So I have to ask- on days like these, what makes you feel beautiful? 

No comments:

Post a Comment